Say Goodbye to Unwanted Hair Just In Time For Summer
T-minus 2 months until the first day of summer, June 21st is just around the corner! With that being said…Is your body (and bikini line) ready for the upcoming season? A visit to The Retreat can ensure your summer is smooth sailing from here on out. Say goodbye to unwanted hair forever with laser hair removal.
Here is everything you need to know about zapping that annoying hair permanently:
How does Laser Hair Removal Work?
Energy is used to target and destroy hair follicles responsible for hair growth without causing damage to the surrounding skin. You’ll want to continue touch-up treatments for patches of hair that continues to grow. The treatment takes only a few minutes for small areas and about half an hour for larger areas.
Can all hair colors and skin types be treated?
Laser hair removal is available for all skin types, including very light and very dark skin, and most hair colors. Laser hair removal is most effective on dark hair. Treatments preformed on red, blonde and gray hair is not generally effective. Consult with a member of our team to determine whether you are a good candidate for the procedure based on a variety of factors.
What areas can be treated?
- Face (Upper Lip, Chin, Between the Brows)
- Bikini area
- Hands & Feet
How does it feel?
The discomfort associated with laser depends on your personal pain tolerance. Laser hair removal is easily tolerated but there is some pain. On dark, tough, rooted hairs it feels like someone is smacking a rubber band directly onto your skin. Less hairy areas, may feel more like a constant stinging feeling, similar to micro-needling.
How do I prepare?
Electrolysis, waxing, threading, tweezing or plucking is to be avoided between sessions, however shaving is encouraged. Shaving is recommended between sessions and the day prior to your appointment.
Can men do this?
YES! For men, laser hair removal is great for permanently reducing chest and back hair for a cleaner, younger look.
- History of melanoma
- Raised moles
- Suspicious lesions
- Keloid scar
- Healing problems
- Active infections
- Open lesions
- Herpetic Lesions
- Cold Sores
- Tattoos or permanent makeup in the area of treatment
- Autoimmune diseases such a Lupus, Scleroderma, Vitiligo, Etc.
- Recent use of Accutane, Tetracycline or St. John’s Wort within the last year
Post Treatment Instructions:
- No deodorant for 24 to 48 hours if the underarm was treated
- Normal activity can be resumed immediately following the procedure.
- Mild sunburn-like sensation (redness), accompanied by some minor swelling immediately following the treatment. Cool packs may be applied.
- During or immediately after your session the smell of burned hairs could be present. This is normal.
- Do not rub or pick the treated area. Do not use any loofahs or abrasive scrubs for at least 5 days.
- Contact our office if the area shows signs of infection or blistering.
- Continue to use sunblock for the duration of your treatments.
Book your complimentary consultation & get your body ready for summer! We offer laser hair removal and more at The Retreat On West Magnolia Medical Spa. Don’t forget to check out our Magnolia Membership while you’re here. Membership has its perks…like 20% off laser hair removal services! Dr. McLaughlin & Medical Aesthetician, Emilie, can help you pick the best treatment for your unique skin, to ensure that it will make your skin appear as radiantly healthy as possible.
See you soon!
The Retreat Med Spa, Fort Worth, TX